So excited to be here!!
    Joie J. Jordan is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default So excited to be here!!

H All! My name is Joie and I have two children, Rajah and DD who are transferring from Georgia Cyber Academy to Time4Learning for a TRUE homeschooling experience. After giving much thought to our current situation with GCA, I decided that GCA was not only not meeting our needs/wants as a "homeschool" environment, but found that much of the criteria, rules and regulations, and demands where the same as that of traditional public schooling if not more!! I was always besides myself with questions and stresses that were also plaguing many other members of the GCA family. I finally said "Enough is Enough." Friday was our last day with GCA and I will be officially withdrawing them on tomorrow morning. T4L has me so excited again about homeschooling and my children as well. This is truly our new beginning!

www.youravon.com/joiejordan

liza28x is offline Junior Member Newbie

Welcome aboard ! glad to have you, I'm new aswell, not sure if i can post or not yet.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello, and welcome to you both! Joie, I see you found your way over to the GA forum we have here. Hoping your start with T4L has gone well, and that I'll see you over on the GA board again soon!

Lisa, new member's posts are usually monitored for a very short while when you first register for the forums. I hope you are finding your way around our site alright. Be sure to join your state homeschool group...it can be a good way to stay abreast of homeschool laws, as well as activities and happenings around your state. You may even be able to find other members that are local to you!

Please feel free to ask any questions either of you may have, and I look forward to chatting with you both!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Joie. Welcome to T4L. Our dd has been using T4L for several years now and really enjoys it. She is actually working at a couple of different grade levels. While she is good with Language Arts, her weak area is math.
    T4L is fairly easy to navigate, and you can come on the forums and ask questions anytime. But here is a Hints and Helps link that you may also find as you get started. Hints & Help - How to Use Time4Learning

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Newbies. We have used nothing but time4learning. My son is finishing up fourth grade. My daughter has run the gamut. She has used dozens of different programs out there with her three but she keeps coming back to time4learning. It's a great program.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

JOIEJ122 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks everyone! Our first week was awesome. The kids really love T4L. My daughter wakes up rearing to go, despite her learning disability. And yes, T4L is sooo easy to navigate and understand. I do have a slightly off topic question, though. When submitting the declaration of intent, when it asks for the 12 month school period, should I put in the date from the time they began GCA until the same date next year, or from the day we officially started using T4L?