Starting tomorrow!

Default Starting tomorrow!

Hi! I have a 6th grade daughter that will be starting tomorrow. She went to middle school for most of the year, but did k12 last year. She asked us over Christmas if she could homeschool again. It seems that she never had time for anything with how much homework she always seemed to have. Some of that is her getting distracting and taking much longer than necessary, but we got tired of all of that and decided to just bring her home. She's excited so far, but I just hope she remembers that she still has to work hard.

Colleen

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Starting tomorrow!

Hi, Colleen. Welcome to the forum!

K12 is not homeschooling. K12 is online public school, which many people mistakenly refer to as "homeschooling". Since you said your daughter wants to "try homeschooling again", I want to make sure you know that there is a big difference, legally, in homeschooling (which is what Time4Learning is for) and using an online school like K12. My own family has enjoyed the freedom that comes with actually homeschooling and not being connected to a school. If you need more information about the difference between an online school and homeschooling, please let me know.

Best wishes to you and your daughter! Please let us know how it's going in the general forum sections below.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Robin is offline Senior Member

Welcome, Colleen! I've been homeschooling since '99! Let us know if you have any questions.

JohnEdelson is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by irish1113 View Post
    Hi! I have a 6th grade daughter that will be starting tomorrow.
    Colleen
    So...How did your first week go? Is she motivated? Learning?
    Are you two having fun together?
    Are you finding your groove?
    John Edelson, Founder
    It's Time 4 Learning. And Fun!

Time4Learning: Automated Online PreK-12th Curriculum for Math, Language Arts & More.
    Time4Writing provides eight week writing courses for students, 2nd-12th grade. Teachers included!
    Time4MathFacts: Automated Game-Based math facts practice, a foundation for future math success.
    Time4Languages: Ten of Rosetta-Stone's legendary language learning programs provided at reduced costs to T4L members

clreed0490 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I also have a 6th grader and just am wanting to home school him there has been bullied @ school and on the bus so any help will be appreciative