From the state of Missouri
    Tianna is offline Junior Member

Default From the state of Missouri

My husband and I actually just decided Friday that we will be home schooling our 3rd graded. We just purchased a house and the school that he is attending is rated a grade F. My son teacher is not certified and she is teaching them to write their ABC's something that he has learned at home and in Pre-K. They were not welcoming at all. On top of that my son and I was looking up on the internet different pictures of the moon and he then googled. "What to do if I do not like school". I think that it was horrible not to mention the times that he has came home crying about school. I emailed the principle letting her know that we decided to home school him and ask for his student records. What else do I need to do?

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry to hear that school has become such an issue for your son. Homeschooling him will probably help him a lot. I have a fourth grader who has never been to school. We have used time4learning since preK. You might want to check out the Missouri Parent Forum.

Here is what I found in the law for what you have to do
    For the purpose of minimizing unnecessary investigations due to reports of truancy, each parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the child who causes his child to attend regularly a home school may [i.e., this is optional]provide to the recorder of deeds of the county where the child legally resides, or to the chief school officer of the public school district where the child legally resides, a signed, written declaration of enrollment stating their intent for the child to attend a home school within thirty days after the establishment of the home school and by September first annually thereafter. The name and age of each child attending the home school, the address and telephone number of the home school, the name of each person teaching in the home school, and the name, address and signature of each person making the declaration of enrollment shall be included in said notice.

You also need to maintain some records. Here is a great link to the Missouri law. She also has links to various support groups in Missouri.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have either here or on the Missouri Forum.
    Last edited by fairylover; 11-05-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Tianna is offline Junior Member

Thank you so much. Greatly aprreciated

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that school has become such an issue for your son. Homeschooling him will probably help him a lot. I have a fourth grader who has never been to school. We have used time4learning since preK. You might want to check out the Missouri Parent Forum.

Here is what I found in the law for what you have to do
    For the purpose of minimizing unnecessary investigations due to reports of truancy, each parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the child who causes his child to attend regularly a home school may [i.e., this is optional]provide to the recorder of deeds of the county where the child legally resides, or to the chief school officer of the public school district where the child legally resides, a signed, written declaration of enrollment stating their intent for the child to attend a home school within thirty days after the establishment of the home school and by September first annually thereafter. The name and age of each child attending the home school, the address and telephone number of the home school, the name of each person teaching in the home school, and the name, address and signature of each person making the declaration of enrollment shall be included in said notice.

You also need to maintain some records. Here is a great link to the Missouri law. She also has links to various support groups in Missouri.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have either here or on the Missouri Forum.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Like I said, let us know if you have any more questions.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

First welcome to time4learning.com. Second with out reading what others have written above. My heart goes out to you that your son feels that way at the 3rd grade level. He should be loving and enjoying school. Maybe homeschooling is just what will be perfect for your family.

I wish you good luck and Kathi is full of great information.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.