Stressed

Thread: Stressed

Tsena is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Stressed

HI all

I am actually not new to the site but new to the parent forum. I was referred to time 4lerning from a homeschool friend and basically used it as a reward to help my children. Now I am being pulled in many directions with my parents who are older and in much need of my help, that I have chosen to come back to the site for it being used as a curriculum.

I have two children ages 6 & 8, boy and girl, my son is the oldest. I have tried abekka curriculum & my fathers world. We were starting with my fathers world but as my parents are needing more of my help have not been able to really delve into the curriculum.

This is the first time I am really looking at all the things time 4 learning has to offer so hopefully I can get through this year without loosing it.

Tsena

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

My goodness. It certainly does sound like you have your hands full. I'm sorry that you are so stressed, but I have to admit that I do sit in awe of your desire to help your aging parents AND continue to homeschool your kiddos.

One of the great things about T4L, is that it's flexible and can be done independently by your children. Sure, they may need help, but at least it's something they can work on on their own until they need to get you for help.

Here is a Getting Started with Time4Learning guide (I know you aren't new to the program, but this can be very helpful, especially in your case of not knowing everything that it can offer for your family) and here is our Hints and Helps page. Both are excellent resources for using T4L.

I would also like to suggest you join the New Mexico homeschool forum, and poke around the other boards we have here, to see how other families use and benefit from T4L.

Always feel free to ask any questions you may have, and if you just need to vent...well, we're here for that too. Good luck, and please keep us posted as to how things are going with you guys!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!