Tamara, new homeschooled of 6th grade boy
    Jellybeanmau2664 is offline Junior Member

Default Tamara, new homeschooled of 6th grade boy

I'm brand new to homeschooling. My son has been thru a lot of family illness, near death & death that have taken emotional affects on him. The school system seemed to make it harder on him rather than support him, except for his teacher. He's a bright young man, but when he cries in the mornings before school my husband & I knew something had to change. I heard some good thongs about time4learning, looked it up & liked what I read. Now that's out in the open, any advice on how to be the best me I can be to bring out the best of my son & keep him excited & motivated to do his best with out over doing? Any & all suggestions accepted & appreciated! Thank you & looking forward to "chatting" with you.

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome Tamara to the T4Ling forums. I recommend that you check into the free Welcome to Homeschooling Guide.

There is also a few forums to check out and find some great advice on. I would start with the Fourth through Eighth Grade and Members Chat on Using Time4Learning.

That is a great place to start. There are many here that are in the simular type of situation that you have. Look forward to learning more about your and your family.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.