Thinking of Homeschooling in Coweta,Ga
    QuiQui is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Thinking of Homeschooling in Coweta,Ga

I am looking for families in the Newnan area that home school or have home schooled a child in high school. My 15yr old informed me a couple of weeks ago that she would like to be home schooled. I have no idea on how it works or what is involved. I have 1 child that has graduated and 1 graduating this year. It came as a shock to me when my daughter told me this b/c she used to LOVE going to school. The one thing she is concerned about is the after school activities (if she can still be involved). I would like to connect with a family that we can talk to and get a better understanding of how it works and the advantages & disadvantages that come along with homeschooling in Coweta. Thank You for any info I can get!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there! So glad you found us! Since you're new to homeschooling, here's a great Welcome to Homeschooling ebook that could prove to be helpful to you.

Georgia is fairly easy to homeschool in. You can stop by the Georgia homeschool forum to find out more about the laws there. You can also take a look at the high school courses that Time4Learning offers, so you can see the types of courses/lessons available for your daughter.

As far as after school activities/extra curriculars, Ga is one of those states where there is no state law one way or the other, so you have to ask the school district. Let's Homeschool Highschool.com has a really cool Athletic Info by State page (I know you didn't say specifically that you were interested in sports, but the same rules usually apply to other extra curriculars as well).

Good luck! Always fee free to ask any questions that you have! Looking forward to seeing you around the boards.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!