Trying this for the first time...
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 1jfrazzini3
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: Trying this for the first time...

1jfrazzini3 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Trying this for the first time...

Hi. I am the mom to a 7year old son diagnosed with Autism. We are trying this program for the summer as a sort of enrichment to prepare him for second grade. We are excited to get started and see how it works for him.

Thanks
    bailbrae likes this.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums. you might be interested in the Getting Started guide and in the Special Needs Forum.
    bailbrae likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

SelfStdyScholar is offline Junior Member Newbie

I'm new to home schooling too. I decided to start during the summer to get the kinks worked out before the official season... less stress about being behind when things don't go smoothly!

It's working out OK, I officially took the kids out of regular school this week. I have a ton of printouts of their progress and haven't decided on what system I will use to organize everything. I started filing things, but I think I need to re-think my system. Ideas, anyone?

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome SelfStdyScholar! Glad you are here with us. I totally get the starting in the summer part. We school year round so we can not miss anything in our world or in our homeschool education. Still not 100% sold on the idea that they will not miss something but that is okay. Not even public school kids are able to finish everything that is in the text books.

I use a simple notebook to keep track of what we do. Each day I write down what we have accomplished. Not only in t4ling but in our extra stuff, like bible or reading a certain amount of pages in a chapter book. I will also write in co-op activities, church or scouts. Anything that comes up for homeschool. Once a month (could be every 6 weeks) I will print out reports to put in the notebook. I have a 3 ring binder that holds any writings or math practice we may do.

I hope that helps you will an idea on how to keep track of everything. Be sure to check out the state forum to find out the laws for what is needed for record keeping.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.