Using T4L for Child with Muscular Dystrophy
    Iselac26 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Using T4L for Child with Muscular Dystrophy

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has used or is using this curriculum for a child with Muscular Dystrophy. If so, how did your child benefitted from it. Also how long does it take to complete a Math and LA lesson per day? My child has MD, and due to muscle weakness, she gets tired from time to time when she is writing for her Math/LA lessons. I was thinking that maybe if she used a mouse and typed more, it would lessen her tiredness. She does pretty good in these subjects but it takes her about 1 1/2 to 2hrs. just to do Math. I also have to be constantly moving her along during her lesson, she gets distracted very easily and always asks for help when she is working on concepts that she already learned and they are review. She forgets easily what she learned the day before. But she can narrate a movie scene and line for line perfectly. She will describe movie scenes exactly and speak just like the characters and tell me exactly what they said! I am hoping T4L might be a good fit for her... One more question, does the Math provide story problems? Thank you.
    Last edited by Iselac26; 05-31-2013 at 01:31 PM.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome! While I don't have a child with MD, I can tell you that it takes my boys less than 2 hours a day to complete their T4L. They do 2 language arts, 2 math and 1 of either science or social studies. T4L is definitely good to keep kiddos engaged, at least MY kiddos, lol. If you'd like, you can check out the curriculum overview for your daughter's grade level to see what she will be working on in math.

Also, I would like to recommend you check out our special needs forum, as well as your state homeschool forum, to see if you can connect with other homeschoolers who may have a child with MD (or another situation that means their daily schedules may be a little different).

Good luck, and please keep us posted as to how things are going for you guys!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Iselac26 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you! I just realized I should have posted this in the Thinking about Joining Forum or the Special Needs Forum... Should I move it? And how can I do that?