Wanted to say hello! New to homeschooling...
    Barbara Wilson is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Wanted to say hello! New to homeschooling...

Hi,

My name is Barb and I'm new to homeschooling. I'm so disgusted with the schools in Kansas City, MO that I didn't even let my children begin the torture this year and decided it would be best to begin homeschooling them. I'm glad I did and I'm very glad to have found Time4Learning!

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hello and Welcome, Barb! So glad to have you join the T4L family. Everyone around here is pretty friendly and very helpful. Have you checked out the MO State Forum? It's a great way to find out what's going on in your state and make new friends.

Sorry to hear about poor schools in your area, but I'm not surprised. Since you are new to homeschooling, this free e-book might be helpful to you. It was written by veteran homeschoolers just for new homeschooling families. It is comprehensive without being overwhelming. Also, these tips and tricks make navigating T4L a little easier too. Not sure if you know it or not, but your child will have access to three grade levels within each subject. For example, if your child is placed at grade 5, he will have access to grades 4, 5, and 6. This is great when a student is either ahead in one area or behind in another.

Keep us in the loop and best wishes.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Barbara Wilson is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you Jackie - I'll be sure to read the e-book. And no, I didn't know that about access to 3 grade levels, that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by jpenn View Post
    Hello and Welcome, Barb! So glad to have you join the T4L family. Everyone around here is pretty friendly and very helpful. Have you checked out the MO State Forum? It's a great way to find out what's going on in your state and make new friends.

Sorry to hear about poor schools in your area, but I'm not surprised. Since you are new to homeschooling, this free e-book might be helpful to you. It was written by veteran homeschoolers just for new homeschooling families. It is comprehensive without being overwhelming. Also, these tips and tricks make navigating T4L a little easier too. Not sure if you know it or not, but your child will have access to three grade levels within each subject. For example, if your child is placed at grade 5, he will have access to grades 4, 5, and 6. This is great when a student is either ahead in one area or behind in another.

Keep us in the loop and best wishes.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Barb.
    Welcome to homeschooling and to Time4Learning. We've been homeschooling for 13 years. Over the years we've tried so many different curricula, and Time4Learning is the best!! .... for our daughter, anyway.

Have you gotten connected with any local support groups? We've made so many friends at our support group over the years. Our kids have grown up with their homeschool friends and will likely be graduating with them. Our support group has graduation/promotions at the end of the year. We also have our own yearbook...and of course, field trips and different events throughout the year. We definitely don't miss out on anything...just the bad stuff from brick and mortar schools.

Enjoy your homeschooling journey....and remember you're not alone. We're here if you ever have questions.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass