We're new

Thread: We're new

Smile We're new

Hi,

We are new here at T4L. We started right after New Year's. I am still learning my way around and just discovered the forums, lol. I have homeschooled off and on for 17 years. Most recently, we were with one of the cyber schools in PA. It was not the best experience for my daughter, who has ASD and borderline intellectual functioning. It was a struggle for her daily and I decided we needed a change. My youngest daughter has ADHD and we brought her with, too. I have eight children, total, and I am now homeschooling my youngest three with T4L. My 10 year-old daughter is gifted and this is a great way to give her a challenge without overwhelming her or boring her to tears. I still have two in high school and they are still in charter school. If I can figure out how to make this work, I will pull my 14 year-old out and do high school with him here. I am having to remember to relax and enjoy the experience and not stress so hard about everything. It has been a few years since I had this much freedom to work with my children where they can have fun and not be frantic about deadlines.

Lunamajikkat

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there, and welcome! I am not in PA, but our family also didn't mesh well with our cyber school. Took away too much of the flexibility for us. I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with it.

Sounds like you have a plan, and are looking forward to homeschooling more again! Good luck! Please feel free to poke around all the forums here, see who you can meet. Ask questions, but feel free to chime in with some of your experiences too.

Here is a Hints and Help page that can help you with the T4L site (navigating, seeing the lesson plans, using the activity schedule, etc). And if you're thinking about high schooling with T4L, they just started offering high school course this past fall and so far my 9th grader LOVES it! You can find more about the T4L high school courses here: High School Curriculum for Homeschool - Time4Learning

Again, good luck. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, Lunamajikkat. Welcome!
    We've been using Time4Learning for 5 years now. I'm not in PA, either, but I just wanted to say hello. There's a forum for PA here:
    https://www.time4learning.net/forum/pennsylvania/
    It's a great place to get to know others in your state and even find or share events.

I look forward to seeing you around the forums!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass