Confusing...
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robin

Thread: Confusing...

leighc Guest

Default Confusing...

After recent school shootings and many problems with bullies i have been thinking about how unsafe my son's current school really is! I have already registered him in time4learning and realized i needed to submit my form for notification of establishment of a home school to the New Mexico Home School Office 30 day prior. I'm unsure what i should do from here. Do i need to continue taking him to public school?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leighc View Post
    After recent school shootings and many problems with bullies i have been thinking about how unsafe my son's current school really is! I have already registered him in time4learning and realized i needed to submit my form for notification of establishment of a home school to the New Mexico Home School Office 30 day prior. I'm unsure what i should do from here. Do i need to continue taking him to public school?
    Hi there and welcome. I can certainly understand wanting your son at home after that horrific tragedy. You don't need to submit your notification PRIOR to establishing your homeschool. Just within 30 days. You can go ahead and withdraw him, then come home and submit the form. Here is a website where you can submit that form online. Also, here are the NM homeschool laws for you to keep for your reference. Good luck and keep us posted how things are going!
    Last edited by bailbrae; 12-17-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Robin is offline Senior Member

I am so jealous that their form can be submitted online. How awesome!
    bailbrae likes this.