Considering homeschooling my autistic grandson from Tijeras
    Unregistered Guest

Question Considering homeschooling my autistic grandson from Tijeras

I have quite a long story about my situation but feel that my story has had an impact on his education. Over the course of the past 6 years we have moved across the country 7 times just chasing a job for my husband. We have now made the decision to no longer chase his job and have decided to stay in Tijeras. Due to the bullying going on in his brick-n-mortar school and because there have been so many changes in his life, I feel that homeschooling will help him. But I am really concerned that he is lacking in many subjects but really am not sure how to get him started and where to start him. I had considered just using T4L as a tutor but after reading many posts I am considering using it for his homeschooling curriculum. I had looked at other possibilities for homeschooling and felt it would be too much for him. I guess I am looking for suggestions on how to get him started under the circumstances? Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Since you are considering homeschooling, this free Guide to Homeschooling will be helpful:
    https://www.time4learning.com/homesc...meschool.shtml

And this is an analysis of the homeschool law for New Mexico:
    https://www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/New_mexico.pdf

We recommend you review the homeschool law before choosing your curriculum for homeschooling. This link will give you more information on homeschooling in your state:
    New Mexico Homeschooling Information

My daughter has special needs. She has a learning disability. Time4Learning has been the best curriculum we've found for her. She's able to work at her own pace.

Best wishes to you.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

I just started with T4L and am also homeschooling my grandson who will be 10 in April. I'm just looking to make some connections.