Gallup is home

Thread: Gallup is home

Default Gallup is home

Just wanted to say "Hello." Started our homeschooling journey when our son was 3 because even then he was a schedule freak. He is now just finishing up third grade. My husband and I pastor a church just on the border of the Navajo reservation in Gallup. Hope to meet some more people here from NM.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome! So glad you joined us! How old is your son now? Feel free to poke around the boards here and see what conversations you can jump into. Also, please feel free to ask any questions you may have and share your experiences with the rest of us.

Looking forward to chatting with you more...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Unregistered Guest

Default Hello back from another Gallup HS Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by NM Pastor's Wife View Post
    Just wanted to say "Hello." Started our homeschooling journey when our son was 3 because even then he was a schedule freak. He is now just finishing up third grade. My husband and I pastor a church just on the border of the Navajo reservation in Gallup. Hope to meet some more people here from NM.

Hello, We also live in Gallup and homeschool our 6-year-old son. I have been looking since we moved here over 9 months ago for other homeschooling families for us to connect with! Excited that I stumbled over your post tonight=) Do you have any groups you and your son attend in the area? Hope to hear back from you!

Unregistered Guest

Default homeschooling in gallup

Hello. I live in st. Michael's az- just down the road from Gallup. Would love to meet more homeschooling families.

Olyfins is offline Junior Member Newbie

I replied once to this thread, but it doesn't appear to be working. My name is Katie. I am the stay at home mom of a two mom family with 2 kids. We are moving to Gallup in July so my wife can begin teaching at JFK Middle School through Teach for America. We currently homeschool in Olympia WA. My son just finished his last day of third grade classes through our local homeschool connect group. He is 8 years old. Our daughter is 4 and will be home another year since her birthday is after the public school cutoff for beginning kindergarten. We have been considering enrolling him in public school down there mainly because I didn't know what the homeschooling community was like, if we'd be able to make any friends. Any thoughts, opinions, advice are welcomed.

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully meeting some of you soon.

Katie