Getting to know you!
    Wmoon is offline Senior Member

Default Getting to know you!

I was hoping you homeschoolers moms/dads would introduce yourselves on here. Come on I know you are out there!
    *~*Carol*~*
    The potential for happiness is all around you.
    You just have to dip a toe in.

Phil is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Getting to know you!

Ok I'll bite.

Phil, from Deming (on I-10 between Las Cruses and Lordsburg/AZ State Line). Homeschooler of 2 (one each, 10 and 11 y/o), around the 5th Grade level for much of their work. One of the biggest challenges for us is to keep my son moving some days. He tends to try to test the teacher and drag his feet every once in a while, usually a sign that he's getting 'bored' with the current curriculum.

We are new to T4L, with the first lessons being completed just minutes ago. It looks to be a good change to what we have been piecing together over the years. Due to budget constraints, packages were out of our range and we would piece things together - including printing worksheets off of the Internet. Hopefully this will work out well, and help to keep my son on track. I do know that both enjoyed their lesson today, which supplemented what their Mom had assigned them this morning.
    Phil

So many smileys, so little time

Wmoon is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Getting to know you!

I guess I should have read this posting, Phil, before I recommend the Explora Museum and Rio Grande Nature classees to you. I am assuming you won't be driving into Abq for these classes. Sorry!

I too intend to mix and match curriculums to keep my girls interested. T4L is my core curriculum though. Best of luck!
    *~*Carol*~*
    The potential for happiness is all around you.
    You just have to dip a toe in.

Danielle31 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello my name is Danielle and I am in Clovis. I have three children but just recently started home schooling one. My son is ten years old and has high functioning autism. He was bullied by his teachers and some students. He has recently started t4l and loves it. He has had therapy since he was six months old till now and has come along way. I am excited to be able to talk to other parents who home school their children and maybe get advice from time to time since I am new at this!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome, Danielle31!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Unregistered - Christy Guest

Hello, we are in Las Cruces and just decided that starting in August we are going to homeschool our 9 and 10 yr olds. They are both in "gifted" programs at their schools but not being challenged enough academically. Plus they are both a little socially awkward and are starting to feel peer pressure and the trouble with cliques as hormones set in...so we are going the homeschool route. Which means that by the time our 8 month old reaches school age homeschool will be old hat and we will slip him right in.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered - Christy View Post
    Hello, we are in Las Cruces and just decided that starting in August we are going to homeschool our 9 and 10 yr olds. They are both in "gifted" programs at their schools but not being challenged enough academically. Plus they are both a little socially awkward and are starting to feel peer pressure and the trouble with cliques as hormones set in...so we are going the homeschool route. Which means that by the time our 8 month old reaches school age homeschool will be old hat and we will slip him right in.
    Hello and welcome! Thanks so much for the intro! We started homeschooling my oldest when he was two months into the 1st grade. By the time my youngest started PreK, my oldest was in 4th grade so we felt a lot more comfortable at that point as well, lol. Good luck and I look forward to chatting with you on the boards...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

GallegosV Guest

Default Hi we are Valerie and Neaveh

We live in Albuquerque and are looking for other families that are in we can gang out with, like field trips and learning invents, so that we don't feel so alone. My daughter is enjoying her homeschool and soon i'll be able to spend more time to play and fun with our school time at home and along with friends.