Hi everybody.

After a very enjoyable and successful first cycle of home school art classes, we are ready to set up our second cycle. To enroll your kids in this cycle, it is not necessary that they have participated in the first cycle.

Classes will run in an 8 class cycle and will cost $32 per cycle. This comes to $4 per class. Classes will include material and the $32 will have to be paid at the first class of the cycle. This price is based on a minimum of ten students, in order to make it realistic for our teacher to work at this extremely low price.

Rob has been kind enough to offer us his studio at his house at no cost, so classes will now be held at 1217 6th St. NW, near downtown, just north of Mountain. For those signing up, we will provide you with a detailed map and Rob has assured us there is enough parking space close by.

The dates of our classes will be:

February 10th, 17th and 24th
March 3rd, 10th, 17th. 24th and 31st

For those of you who have not met our teacher yet I am quoting his bio at the end of this email/post.

These classes are open to all homeschoolers. Feel free to forward it to homeschoolers known to you or post it on your respective home school fora and/or let your friends know.

I am not putting any age restrictions on these classes, as I have seen Rob work with a group of kids 4 to 14 and have them mesmerized for over an hour. You know best if your child is ready for this and Rob can handle it.

Sign up with me, Ginou, at [email protected] at your earliest convenience, so we have a picture of how many students we will have.

We are extremely pleased that Rob can offer us another cycle of classes and we are looking forward to seeing all the old faces and hopefully some new too.

Thanks for your attention.

Ginou

ARTIST/TEACHER INFORMATION for Rob Martz

ARTIST BIO:

Rob Martz holds a B.A. in Art from Xavier University and a M.F.A. in Studio Art from Michigan State University . Rob has taught art to individuals of various abilities from preschool through college. Rob was an Outreach Artist with VSA arts of New Mexico where he conducted art workshops at community centers, nursing homes, preschools and after school programs. He has also been a full time Visiting Lecturer with the University of New Mexico ’s Department of Art and Art History. Rob is currently an Instructor of Art at Central New Mexico Community College.

Rob enjoys helping students discover their creative potentials through various artistic explorations and skill building. Students in his workshops will have the opportunity to work with different materials exploring sculpture, collage, painting, drawing and printmaking. His workshops will use contemporary and art historical examples to help students with their own artwork.