I want to homeschool my two boys, but can't get any help as far as curriculum.
    sorge.elizabeth Guest

Default I want to homeschool my two boys, but can't get any help as far as curriculum.

I want to homeschool my boys, one is a sophmore, the other is a seventh grader. I want to get all the information that I can before I decide to go ahead and do it. I would like to see if there is some program or online service I can subscribe to that will have lessons, and help walk them through it, and help me to generate reports to send to the NM education board. I have surfed the web and I really am not sure what programs NM has to offer. Need help Please! I have asked the boys schools and the counselors aren't a whole lot of help. They are saying pretty much once I decide to home school there is nothing that they can do to help me it is all on me.. So stressed. The oldest one has chronic migranes, and the other has had two knee surgeries and awaiting a third, also has bullying problems at school. They are both getting behind at school and I think this would just help them to keep up.

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Hello, and thanks for your post.

Time4Learning is a curriculum, not a school itself, and the lessons here only go up through 8th grade. You'll need to explore other options for your high school student, but your 7th grader could use the lessons here as his homeschooling curriculum. You can easily generate reports through the Parent Login here at T4L and send them to the NM education board, if needed. But the counselors you've spoken to are correct; once you decide to homeschool, it just isn't their job to help you anymore. Maybe you could take advantage of the free trial here at T4L and see how it works for your 7th grader before you commit one way or another. There's a 2 week money-back guarantee, so give it a shot! Click here to read more: Homeschool, Afterschool, Summer Study - Time4Learning

Quite often, making the decision to homeschool is the hardest part of homeschooling! Once you've begun, the pieces really do fall into place. Good luck with your decision, and please post again if you have more questions!
    Last edited by mamaneedham; 12-29-2011 at 09:50 AM.
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschooling in New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by sorge.elizabeth View Post
    I want to homeschool my boys, one is a sophmore, the other is a seventh grader. I want to get all the information that I can before I decide to go ahead and do it. I would like to see if there is some program or online service I can subscribe to that will have lessons, and help walk them through it, and help me to generate reports to send to the NM education board. I have surfed the web and I really am not sure what programs NM has to offer. Need help Please! I have asked the boys schools and the counselors aren't a whole lot of help. They are saying pretty much once I decide to home school there is nothing that they can do to help me it is all on me.. So stressed. The oldest one has chronic migranes, and the other has had two knee surgeries and awaiting a third, also has bullying problems at school. They are both getting behind at school and I think this would just help them to keep up.
    You do not have to send reports into the Education Department in New Mexico. You have to register with them though. My adviUce is to get in contact with CAPE. Their website is: Homeschooling < Home school Law, Resources for Parents, Legislators, and Officials | CAPE-NM. They have information about getting started and what the regulations are. They may be able to help you with possible curriculums too.