Beginner Question - New to T4L and Homeschooling
    Anastasia04 is offline Junior Member

Default Beginner Question - New to T4L and Homeschooling

My name is Stacy. My husband and I started homeschooling our son in February of 2016. He is in 7th grade this year. We live in Syracuse. We just started using T4L in the past month. I need a little help in figuring this out. I find I can never get to help topics I need.

Question: How do you access the writing assignments your child turns in? I cannot figure out how to grade them.

Thanks for all the help in advance. Also, if anyone knows of great field trip ideas for his level, I would really appreciate the ideas (preferably in & around the Syracuse area).

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Beginner Question - New to T4L and Homeschooling

Hi, Anastasia.

When your child is finished with an Odyssey Writer activity, they need to click the "Hand In" button at the top of the page. They then choose a fictitious teacher to hand it in to. This doesn't really hand it in to anyone. It just causes it to be marked as complete and to show up in the student's reports as a link where you would typically find a grade for other activity types. You can click the link to view or print the page. Parents manually grade writing activities.

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by Compass Learning Odyssey, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license allowing them to offer it to families and individuals. Some of the features are designed for school use, so Time4Learning has needed to offer other options (such as the Activity Planner instead of the Assignments tab and manual grading of writing activities by the parent instead of online grading by a classroom teacher).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!