CNY Mom new to home schooling
    Mama_Bear is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default CNY Mom new to home schooling

Hello Everyone,
    I live in Syracuse, NY. I am the proud mom of seven. All five of my older children have attended traditional school (4 have graduated and 1 is currently in middle school). I now find the need to home school my two younger children since I do not want to continue to set my 8 year old up for failure. He seems to do much better with his school work when he is able to sit home with me 1:1 or through simply taking advantage of everyday life lessons to teach him. I have also decided that my 5 year old daughter will benfit from being home schooled has well. Since we are new to home schooling I could always use helpful advice on how to navigate what is needed by our local school district. Thanks in advance for your help.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the group Mama Bear. I also have a large family. I have five adult children and an 8 year old. My little one has never been in school. I also have three grandchildren who are being homeschooled. Fell free to ask any questions you might have, especially about those dreaded IHIP's. We're here to help.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota