Come on New Yorkers!
    skyray222 is offline Junior Member

Default Come on New Yorkers!

Let's get this Home School Party Started! =) This is our first year homeschooling and we are both VERY excited! Would love to connect with other families and discuss ideas.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I love your enthusiasm. Yes it's time to get started. What part of the state are you in? There is a link at the top of the state page to resources throughout the state. Check those out and I know you will find people to party with.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

We are in Orange County, New Windsor. My baby actually went to bed excited to start school tomorrow. I am so happy to see that she has not one bit of Anxiety about it! This is going to be the best school year yet.

She is diagnosed with Asperger's, Tic Disorder, ADHD, Anxiety and OCD. She went to public school for Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade. She did very well academically, however, every day I picked up a child who was crying or angry and I just couldn't take it anymore.

This year she will only be going to the public school for OT, Sensory and Social Skills. I think this is going to work out great for her.

Blog Entries

My son has never been diagnosed with anything. Mostly because he has not gone to school and we use doctors as rarely as possible. But I always say that he has the attention span of a gnat. There is no way he could sit in a classroom for 6 hours a day. I love the fact that he can do school while rolling around on the floor or building a lego tower. We take breaks whenever his attention span requires it. Homeschooling definitely works best for us.

Unregistered Guest

Talking momofmany

So now that we are into school a few weeks, how is everyone doing? We LOVE time4learning! The kids are doing well with it. What a relief!

I hope you are all doing well.

Blog Entries

I'm so glad that your kids are doing well. We are so sold on time4learning that I just can't stop talking about it. We have been using it for four years now. The other day I was going over my son's work and I noticed there were some lessons that I did not have marked as completed in my list. So I went back to check when he had done them. Midnight. Can you believe that? My son was up at midnight doing time4learning on his computer. He must really love it to take it upon himself to do the work without any motivation from me.

Mamasaurus is offline Junior Member Newbie

My daughter has Aspergers, auditory processing & PTSD (from her father - we are in family court again). This is our 1st "official" week of homeschool.

Blog Entries

Welcome Mamasaurus. It's great to see you over here.

sorry I haven't visited the message boards in a while... been crazy busy with dance, and school and the in laws visiting ... Everything is going really well with T4L... We went to the Liberty Science Center on Friday... we had such a great time. Learned a lot too... I have to say that the best part of home schooling is all the stuff I am learning too haha. Either I have forgotten some things in the last 20 plus years or ... I'm actually paying attention this time around =)
    Momma to an 8 year old dragon. Diagnosed with Asperger's, Tic Disorder, ADHD, Anxiety and OCD in 2009. This is our first year homeschooling.

Blog Entries

I totally agree. I have learned so much since we have been homeschooling. I don't know if it's stuff I forgot or just stuff I never knew. But I'm lovin' it.