Dual Enrollment? Part-time Homeschooling in NY?
    Unregistered Guest

Default Dual Enrollment? Part-time Homeschooling in NY?

Is it possible? I abhor the new CC math standards and do not want my children exposed. I am generally OK with the rest of their public schooling thus far. Can I have them privately instructed (homeschooled) for math only?

Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschooled in one subject?

I have this same question. Is it possible for a middle- or high-school student to be homeschooled in one subject at home, while still attending public school full time, which would mean picking up an elective to fill the schedule?

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Excellent questions! I don't homeschool in NY, so I'm not sure if it is possible. I have heard of it being done in other states. The best way to find out is to check with the Board of Education. You might also see if you can find homeschoolers in your area and see if any of them are educating their children in the manner you are describing. Best of luck!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Ruth_Lanton is offline Member

I've heard of "special ed" kids getting home tutoring in some subjects and attending school (regular or special ed) for other subjects, but I'm not familiar with any way to homeschool for a single subject.
    Ruth, single mom to Jack, 13, Hannah, 19, and Leah, 20.