Educational Trips
    dadinski is offline Junior Member

Default Educational Trips

Is it recquired by DOE to bring our kids to educational trips like museums,zoo?

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I don't think it is a requirement by DOE or anything like that. But it is a great way to break up the school year. It makes the day a lot more interesting for the child to actually see the things that you are learning about rather than just reading about them in a book. Even the public schools take a few days during the year for field trips to help make the material more exciting.

My son and I are out on field trips all the time. Sometimes we get so bus we almost forget to do school work.
    Last edited by fairylover; 09-16-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Lady Guest

Red face Field Trips

Hello!

I'm homeschooling my kindergartner and we do a lot of things together. (Parks, zoos, etc.) I heard of parents getting together for group field trips and my daughter and I are very much interested in that. If there are any parents getting any group field trips together in NYC please reply here in this strand and/or email me details at: [email protected] Thanks in advance!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Lady. It would be best if you joined some of the local homeschool lists. I know the tri-County Homeschoolers always have great activities listed. Also, Kids Play Well has lots of trips. These are both yahoo groups. If you look in the beginning links for this thread one of them has a list of many homeschool groups in the New York area. Welcome to the group.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota