Hello

Thread: Hello

Marcia Schlaffer Guest

Default Hello

Hi Group.
    Today is the first day we became members and I was so excited to find this group. I need help! I am new to homeschooling my 6th grade daughter. We live in Geneva, NY. Where do I get the information I need to submit to the school district as to what I will be doing with my child? I know they require paperwork and I don't know what to give them.

I appreciate any and all help! Hopefully I will be able to help others in the future!

Marcia Schlaffer

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Marcia, Welcome to homeschooling and to time4learning. Here is a copy of the New York law. Once you send in the Notice of Intent they are supposed to send you all the necessary paperwork. Unfortunately they do not always do that. Follow the way it is laid out in the law and send them what is included there if they don't send you paperwork. It would be good to connect with a local homeschool support group. They would be able to help you with specific questions regarding your local school district. Each district is a bit different in what they actually require. Some want every tiny detail and others just want a general form filled out. Good luck on your journey.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Marcia Schlaffer Guest

Default Thanks

Thank you Kathi!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Glad to help. We're all in this thing together.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota