Hello All! -- Children's Activities Question
    Unregistered Guest

Default Hello All! -- Children's Activities Question

Hello fellow parents!

I'm new to this forum but super excited to be here! My name is Alicia and I've recently moved to a new town in New Jersey with my 11 year old son and 5 year old daughter. I'm looking to put both of my children into some sort of activities/classes. My son loves sports and general learning and I'd like to start my daughter in early childhood development classes. So I'm in the market for classes in my area (or online for my son).

Where do you guys typically search for these types of activities? Google? Facebook? I'm not quite sure where to begin. When you find classes you are interested in, how do you find reviews or know whether they are reputable?

Any insight would be fantastic! I'm going crazy googling this stuff

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello.
    I came across your post here as I was looking for new posts on the Time4Learning Forums. Although I'm not in New Jersey, which is where you posted your question, I can tell you what we do. We've found homeschool support groups in our area. There are several, but we are members of two. We've found these groups either through church, through friends or even just Google. Oh, you can also find a support group through your state homeschool association or through the Homeschool Legal Defense Association. These homeschool groups are the best source of information for local classes or co-ops. You are right to get referrals for any classes you plan to sign your children up for. I hope that helps.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass