help

Thread: help

Unregistered Guest

Default help

Hi, my name is KC and my daughter is going into 10th grade. I want to start homeschooling her but I have no idea how to go about it. Any help you could give me I would appreciate.
    Thank you

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

First of all let me say welcome to the wonderful world of homeschooling. This is a really exciting adventure for both you and your child. Here is a list of wonderful homeschool resources in New York. That would be a good place to start. This link spells out New York regulations regarding homeschooling. Don't worry, it's not as complicated as it sounds. Once you get to know other homeschooling families in your area, they will be able to assist you with understanding what you should include in your IHIP. Unfortunately each school district varies in how they interpret the law and therefore in what they recommend. I would also recommend that you look at this link for a great introduction to homeschooling.

For me, the most important thing was to meet other homeschoolers in my area. Especially other families with kids my son's age. Through them we have been able to find other homeschooling groups and activities. Plus my son has made a lot of lifelong friends.

Please stop back with any questions or concerns you may have about homeschooling your teen in New York.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota