History and Geography for 1st Grade
    dondre is offline Junior Member

Default History and Geography for 1st Grade

Hey there,

Can anyone recommend an online resource similar to T4L for the subject title? Or other alternative?

Thanks much

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I'm afraid I can't help you there. We have only used time4learning. There are some great books that we have used called Chester Comix. They are great for history.

For geography, when my son was in first and second grade we joined a yahoo group called Postcard Kids. We exchanged postcards with kids all over the world. As each post card would come in we would look it up on a map to see where it came from. It was a fun and very educational experience.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

dondre is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    I'm afraid I can't help you there. We have only used time4learning. There are some great books that we have used called Chester Comix. They are great for history.

For geography, when my son was in first and second grade we joined a yahoo group called Postcard Kids. We exchanged postcards with kids all over the world. As each post card would come in we would look it up on a map to see where it came from. It was a fun and very educational experience.
    Hey Kathi,

Thanks a mill

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I bet you will really like Postcard Kids. I was kind of sorry when we stopped. But we had collected cards from every state, Mexico, all the provinces in Canada and a few other countries.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota