Homeschoolers in NYC?
    aardenNYC is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Homeschoolers in NYC?

I have a 4 year old and an 11 year old being homeschooled in NYC. We’ve only been in town a few months and would love to meet some other homeschoolers of similar ages for playdates, museum and zoo fieldtrips, etc.

Is anyone else from the NYC area?

five_blessed is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Homeschoolers in NYC?

Hello!

You might try looking over the homeschool support groups listed on the A to Z Home's Cool Homeschooling site. There is ton's of information in addition to the support groups listed for New York. Of course, I'm sure this list is not all inclusive, but maybe it will help!

I would love to know when you find a local support group! It's always fun to find out what other groups are doing and all about the interesting places they visit, etc.
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

It's Time4Learning. And Fun!

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I just posted a list of classes at the Beczak Environmental Center in Yonkers. They have classes for both your 11 year old and your 4 year old. We have been going there for classes for over a year and we love them.

Another great source for information is Tri-County Homeschoolers' Newsletter. There is a small annual fee to be a part of this list but it is definitely worth the fee. The email group is accessible only to members but to get information about the group you can contact: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tchs_news ... =261010742.

I will be putting together a more comprehensive list of resources in New York over the next few days. In the mean time, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Kathi
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

aardenNYC is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks! Let me know when the full list is available. I'd love to see what's out there.