How much homeschool cost and what are the requirements in homeschool..
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: How much homeschool cost and what are the requirements in homeschool..

Unregistered Guest

Default How much homeschool cost and what are the requirements in homeschool..

Hi I'm Amy,I have two kids ages 5 and 7 yrs old,I plan to homeschool them in New York because they are not fluent yet in English language ,they came from Philippines,what are the requirements in transferring my kids in home school and how much it cost..

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Here is a great link to the process in New York state. It should answer most of your questions about what is required by the state.

As far as the cost, it is hard to just give a price. We use Time4Learning as our main curriculum. So that is $19.95 per month. But then you start adding in all the extras like soccer, historical sites, science museum, art museum, art programs. Well you can see the costs adding up. Can you homeschool without all of this? Yes you can. But for my son, these activities add to his learning process. Some people get books from the library and homeschool with almost no cost. Other people spend thousands of dollars per year for expensive curriculum.

My suggestion is to look over the laws. Then find a great homeschool support group. There is a great list of resources at the beginning of the New York Parent Forums. Then come back here and post any questions that you might have. Best wishes on your journey.
    TwinFlameAcademy likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota