I need advice

Thread: I need advice

nycmom1 Guest

Cool I need advice

I recently took my child out of his special education school because i really did not see any real progress. I was really nervous about my decision, but I think it was for the best. His new school was so far away from home, and the traveling from bus to bus took a toll. I live in the city so this was really difficult. So i decided to homeschool him myself. My question is are there any support homeschool programs for children with autism?

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Here on time4learning we have a special needs forum as well as a special education forum. You might also want to check with Nyhen to see if they know of any resources for special needs or autistic kids. I have friends who our homeschooling kids with autism but they are mostly in New Jersey. I know it can be done. The one on one teaching is actually a lot better for kids with autism than a large classroom is.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Whitley2010 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Yes, of course it's the best way out. But remember that you should not forget about society. He should spend a lot of time with people because he should learn to live with them. I believe everything will be ok. Wish you and you child good luck and health and happiness.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Just checking back with you to see if you have been able to find a good support group yet.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota