Making friends?

Thread: Making friends?

Unregistered Guest

Default Making friends?

I was wondering how everyone makes other homechool friends? Do you join co-ops? groups? etc? I live in Orleans county and there's not much out here as far as that goes, there IS a co-op but it only runs certain times and Ive been warned against this specific group from a fellow homeschool mommy.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

First I have to say that you need to check out the coop for yourself. Just because it did not work for one mommy doesn't mean it is not a good fit for you. You need to make your own decision on this. Check out the lists of homeschool groups. I'm sure there are other groups not on this list. Check out yahoo groups and Meetup groups. (Meetup.com) Another good resource is your local children's librarian. They usually have a very good pulse on what is going on in the community. Homeschoolers tend to use the library a lot so the libraian would probably know most of them. You could also put up a notice at the supermarket or the laundry mat. Let us know if we can help with anything.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Unregistered Guest

Thanks I got ahold of the woman who runs our local Life Leah co-op and will be checking it out next Friday!!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

That's great. Let us know how it works out for you.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota