New to Home School in Chemung County, NY ( Upstate )
    Usmcbaybee Guest

Smile New to Home School in Chemung County, NY ( Upstate )

I just starting to home school my 12 year old daughter cause she got bullied really bad in school. Is there any one in my area and we can meet up with and help me with home school work Thank you so much

Thank you
    A new mom to home schooling

KarinaC is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello.
    I'm so sorry that I don't live in your area. But a few months ago I had to overcome the same problem with my son.
    Poor boy was crying all the time, so I couldn't let him go to the ordinary school.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Bullying is becoming such a horrible problem in our schools. It's always been there but it seems so much worse now for whatever reason. My grandchildren are homeschooling for just that reason. My little one experienced a lot of racial issues in preK but he has never gone to public school so he never really had to face the bullying. You just don't see much of it in homeschool groups. I would suggest that you connect with a good homeschool group in your area. There are many groups around the state. Hopefully one on this list will be close to you. I would also suggest you read the new to homeschooling page. Good luck as you begin this marvelous journey. Please come back and ask any specific questions that we might help with.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

P.JOHNOSN Guest

Smile New also to home schooling in niagara county,ny

I am home schooling my 14 year old son and my 5 year old grandson and my children were just falling in the hole not learning with there diablity home schooling seems to be helping were they can take there time and go at there own speed sometimes it's hard when they think that this is all fun and games but they like it and i like the time we spend together .

Liz E is offline Member

Welcome, I am in Erie County so relatively close to you. I have two 4 four year olds - not twins - Irish twins (they have a great time telling everyone that they are the same number for 3 weeks). My daughter is about one third of the way through Kindergarten in Time4Learning and I just switched my son to first grade in Time4Learning.

Mine love homeschooling, but I am noticing that they get out of hand if I over do it. Since they are pretty self-motivated for their age, I am re-evaluating our routine and keeping to the essentials and some of the fun activities they enjoy.

Blog Entries

That is so true Liz. If we try to force more work than they are ready for, they let us know about it. I think kids are so great that way.

gloriaraven Guest

Default call me and we can talk.xxxxxxxxxxx- glori

Call me and we can talk
    I live in Elmria and have one 12 year old daughter and one 10 year old

Quote Originally Posted by Usmcbaybee View Post
    I just starting to home school my 12 year old daughter cause she got bullied really bad in school. Is there any one in my area and we can meet up with and help me with home school work Thank you so much

Thank you
    A new mom to home schooling
    As a safety issue I have removed your phone number. Please use the private message link or post your email address.
    Last edited by fairylover; 01-04-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Blog Entries

Although we love to see members get together with each other, I really would hesitate to put your personal phone number on a public forum like this. I would suggest that it may be better if you send your phone number using the personal message box. Click on the person's name that you want to message and the personal message option should come up. Just a safety precaution since we all have small children.