New To Homeschooling- Buffalo NY area
    Unregistered Guest

Default New To Homeschooling- Buffalo NY area

Hi,

First I would like to know if there is anyone from the Buffalo Ny area? I would like to try to find a homeschool group that I can connect to. I am not from this area and don't know very many people so I don't know of ways to get my daughter socialized. Also, would like to know if anyone knows if the social studies portion in time 4 learning qualifies as history too or do you need to find your own curriculum for that portion? Thanks for any help or comments.

Unregistered Guest

Default Hey Welcome to Buffalo NY!!!

Hello i" m Jeanneie, I would love to help in any way that I can.

Zainsmom2016 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I'm interested in homeschooling. I'm in the Buffalo area. My son is 2 and a half, so I have time yet to worry about what to do for school. I have been researching homeschooling and I'm worried about how to start or meeting the nys guidelines as well as ensuring he gets a good education and is prepared for college. I have read up on nys guidelines and requirements. I am wondering if online homeschools are best as opposed to going it alone. It seems better and then I can supplement lessons and activities in any given area. Also what is the PE requirements and how do most people meet those. Any info would be awesome. Any feedback, especially folks who already started the preschool or kindergarten levels. Do the kids suffer from lack of socialization?