new and need help in ny
    Unregistered Guest

Default new and need help in ny

trying to figure what the school wants on this ihip. They are driving me nuts. What did you guys put down. Ive sent two in and they keep needing more info. I finally told them to look at the site. They didn't like that much. I have a sick daughter and i really don't like the attitude of the school. I'm about ready to print out 300 pages of lesson plans and hand them to them.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: new and need help in ny

I'm not in New York, but the state is known as the most highly regulated when it comes to homeschooling. Until someone from your area comes along, maybe you can find some help on this page about homeschooling in New York.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: new and need help in ny

So I am in NY, the school district should have sent you the state regulations. You need to follow that for your IHIP. I sent in an outline saying what we will use for each required subject, a list of books we MAY use, programs AVAILABLE for use and people that are going to be used as educators. The whole thing was vague, and not all inclusive. About five pages. In the IHIP I outlined grading, and submission of reports and the plan for the end of the year report. If you follow exactly what the state says you have to put in the IHIP the school district cannot deny you. I suggest contacting HSLDA. Sounds like you're having trouble in your district. I hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    trying to figure what the school wants on this ihip. They are driving me nuts. What did you guys put down. Ive sent two in and they keep needing more info. I finally told them to look at the site. They didn't like that much. I have a sick daughter and i really don't like the attitude of the school. I'm about ready to print out 300 pages of lesson plans and hand them to them.