New to New York
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New to New York

Thomasson497 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to New York

Hello everyone,

I just recently moved to NY from Texas and decided to home school my children even before we moved. I know the laws are different here so I have been reading up on what I need to do. This school year is almost up so I am not real sure what I need to do, if anything, for the last month and a half with the school district. I did plan on starting my girls working, I just don't know if I should contact the district or not yet.

Hope to get to know others on here.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I'm glad you found your way over here to the New York Forum. I hope some of our other members will chime in here and introduce themselves. As I said in my post over on the New Members forum, if you let us know what part of the state you are in we can direct you to groups in your area.

I don't think I really introduced myself in my other post either. I have five adult children and an eight year old. My little guy has never been to school. We have been using Time4Learning since preK and we love it. Three of my grandbabies are also using Time4Learning. One is in 6th grade, one in 4th grade and one in preK. My son is mostly in third grade. He does fourth grade Language Arts and is still working on second grade Language Arts Extensions. He is a very reluctant reader so we are going very slowly in that area.

Welcome again to the forums. Feel free to jump in with any questions you have.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Thomasson497 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I live in the Waterford area.

Blog Entries

I left a link for you in the other forum that you posted in. It should take you to several homeschool groups in your area.

maryc927 is offline Member

Wow! We live in Ballston Spa, just north of you by about 20 minutes. We have two kids, a son named Daniel, he is in fifth grade and eleven years old and we have a daughter named Virginia, she is in third grade and nine years old. Do you do Time4Learning with your kids? This is our second month, I think, and our kids are doing a great job with it.

I look forward to hearing from you,
    Mary

Blog Entries

See, already our members are finding others in their area. Glad to see that.

THE COUPON WIFEY Guest

Default in Saratoga County

Hi, We have 4 hs. We are in Ballston SPa/Saratoga also

I love tme 4 learning. it really healps since NY laws are so anal and stringent.

I have 2 boys 11. 10 yrs and 2 girls 8, and almost 7

I would love to get together with you ladies and our kids since the hs group here seems to be more geared towards teens. weare always looking to do something. field trips

cmost and schnectady planetarium.

Stefanie

Blog Entries

So I'm just being curious, have you guys had a have to meet yet?

maryc927 is offline Member

Hi Coupon Wifey,
    I tried to post back to you last evening but I don't think it took it. Anyway, I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to realize that you had posted what you had. I would love for our kids to get to know each other. I would also love to meet another homeschooling mom who does Time4Learning. We have a son who is eleven and a daughter who is nine, so it sounds like our kids would fit in nicely with yours.
    I hope I hear from you soon,
    Mary

Blog Entries

I still want to hear about your playdate when your two families get together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast