new to T4L and homeschooling in Hudson valley NY
    SPORTSMOM24 is offline Junior Member

Default new to T4L and homeschooling in Hudson valley NY

HI I am new to homeschooling and to T4L. I am Homeschooling my child due to the districts lack of supporting his ADHD and PTSD witch surfaced from situations in school.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there! I saw your post in the new member intros and wanted to post here. I'm not sure where you've looked for groups (I know it can be tricky to find some, especially when you're brand new and a little lost...), but here are some links to sites where you may be able to find some groups.

Homeschool World: New York Homeschool Organizations and Support Groups
    NYHEN: Local Homeschooling Groups
    https://nychea.org/shop/page/4?sessi...Cb&shop_param=
    Home School NYC: Find a Support Group

Also, as much as I enjoy our homeschool group, you can also have your son participate in local recreation departments, scouts, 4H, library reading groups/book clubs, etc. They aren't all homeschool specific, but it gives him a chance to interact with others and participate in group settings. Good luck!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by bailbrae View Post
    Hi there! I saw your post in the new member intros and wanted to post here. I'm not sure where you've looked for groups (I know it can be tricky to find some, especially when you're brand new and a little lost...), but here are some links to sites where you may be able to find some groups.

Homeschool World: New York Homeschool Organizations and Support Groups
    NYHEN: Local Homeschooling Groups
    https://nychea.org/shop/page/4?sessi...Cb&shop_param=
    Home School NYC: Find a Support Group

Also, as much as I enjoy our homeschool group, you can also have your son participate in local recreation departments, scouts, 4H, library reading groups/book clubs, etc. They aren't all homeschool specific, but it gives him a chance to interact with others and participate in group settings. Good luck!
    Thank you so Much it is hard aand I do feel a little lost but my son and I are on this journey together and learning everyday

He is very active in sports

Unregistered Guest

Default Hi!

I am in the same boat as you! I just took my son out for Aspergers/ADHD. We're in New Paltz and having an insanely hard time finding actual, secular, homeschool groups.

Unregistered Guest

Dear Homeschooler,

I don't know if you've heard about Flight Trampoline Park in Colonie but we have had a lot of fun this summer watching people from the Capital Region jump at our park. With school starting we will be offering a Home School Discount every Friday from 1PM-4PM. During this time, home school kids can jump for just $9/hour and one parent jumps for free. It's a great way to socialize and get exercise while having a blast!

If you know of anyone who might be interested in this we would appreciate it if you could forward this onto them.

Here's a link to our website: Flight Trampoline Park | Albany, NY
    Follow us on Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FlightAlbany

We are located at:
    Flight Trampoline Park
    30A Post Road
    Colonie, NY 12205

Good luck on great school year!

Flight Trampoline Park Albany
    518-952-0433
    [email protected]