NYC High School

Thread: NYC High School

Unregistered Guest

Default NYC High School

Hi, I was wondering if there are any moms homeschooling high school students in NYC? I am considering this option for my daughter. She is currently a Junior in an honors program but due to her anxiety and school bullying issues, she has been refusing to attend school. She is in treatment and she is asking to be home schooled. She was is a private high school, and not I am not sure if Public would be better or worse. I would like to consider her request to homeschool and am looking for any advice or input from others who have done so. Thank you so much!

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: NYC High School

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if there are any moms homeschooling high school students in NYC? I am considering this option for my daughter. She is currently a Junior in an honors program but due to her anxiety and school bullying issues, she has been refusing to attend school. She is in treatment and she is asking to be home schooled. She was is a private high school, and not I am not sure if Public would be better or worse. I would like to consider her request to homeschool and am looking for any advice or input from others who have done so. Thank you so much!
    I am returning to homeschooling after having my son in a private school for 5 years. If you have the time and can build well-rounded school day for your daughter, it is definitely doable. Here is a link to help you Home School NYC - FAQ: Paperwork.

Also, try to include your daughter in several teen group activities; a sports team, choir, volunteer group, homeschool coop, etc.