Saratoga County

Thread: Saratoga County

jsm Guest

Default Saratoga County

Anyone in Saratoga County? Looking for homeschoolers to meet up with.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Parent Forums. If you check in the first or second thread in this forum there are links to some great groups in New York State. That might be your best bet in finding someone in your area.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Hi , This is our first year homeschooling. We live in Saratoga County and we are definitely looking for other homeshcoolers to meet up with. It is always nice to talk with other parents to share advice and ideas on homeschooling. I have two children, my daughter is in 11th grade and she is attending public school, my son is in 7th grade and we have decided to homeschool for the middle school grades and possibly longer. We are still working on figuring out the homeschooling process. We have found Time4Learning helpful and have found some other resources to supplement with, but the main thing that worries me is socialization. My son has a membership at The YMCA and he spends time at our local library but it would be nice to meet other families that are also homeschooling.

Sue

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Sue. Welcome to the parent forums. I find that meeting others at homeschool gatherings is as important for me as it is for my son. I hope you are able to meet some people close by you. If you check here there are some great links. Also check with the children's librarian at your local library. I find them to be a great resource. Let us know if we can help in any way.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota