Welcome

Thread: Welcome

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Welcome

Welcome to the New York Parent Forum!

Time4Learning is happy to provide a forum for homeschoolers in individual states to connect with one another. Please use this forum to find members near you, ask each other state-related questions, and post information about local homeschool events.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Unregistered Guest

Default new in new york

I am new to homeschooling and this program. I am doing this with my 9 year old granddaughter. I live in western New York. Are there any other western New Yorkers on here.
    Thanks
    Teresa

tlwick is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Teresa,
    we are in western NY, were in our 3rd year of homeschooling and just joined T4L today.. Im really hoping it holds my girls interest and puts a bit of a fire under their butts to learn, i have failed them in that area, they see me as boring no matter how i try. in this electronic age I'm afraid I'm a bit too "old school" to hold their interest for long or to even motivate them at all, it has been quite the battle but, I'm not quitting yet, so here we are....we have 4 children ages: 12, 10, 9 & our boy who is 31/2. so life is a giant ball of crazy.... i wish you all the best in your homeschooling adventure...

Abswank is offline Junior Member Newbie

I'd love to chat. I'm not too old school, so perhaps we can help each other.
    I'm in Brighton. Ages 5 and almost 8. New to school and about to start second grade. First time homeschooling.

Tdonahue Guest

Default Thinking about homeschool?

Quote Originally Posted by tlwick View Post
    Hi Teresa,
    we are in western NY, were in our 3rd year of homeschooling and just joined T4L today.. Im really hoping it holds my girls interest and puts a bit of a fire under their butts to learn, i have failed them in that area, they see me as boring no matter how i try. in this electronic age I'm afraid I'm a bit too "old school" to hold their interest for long or to even motivate them at all, it has been quite the battle but, I'm not quitting yet, so here we are....we have 4 children ages: 12, 10, 9 & our boy who is 31/2. so life is a giant ball of crazy.... i wish you all the best in your homeschooling adventure...

I am wanting to homeschool and I don't know where or how to start?

Unregistered Guest

Default New to Homeschooling Upper Northeast

My 12 year old daughter and I have decided to complete her 7th grade with homeschooling and I found this program after researching for a couple of months. I am hoping it will give my daughter many interesting subjects and interactive fill ins for what we are doing at home. My biggest concern in upper Northeast New York, is the registration of my daughters grades and testing. Does anyone have information for me to help with the complete registration of her semester to keep her where she needs to be for 8th grade next year.