Charlotte area

Thread: Charlotte area

kararydill is offline Junior Member

Default Charlotte area

Hi! I am looking for some other homeschool families or groups in the Charlotte area. My daughter is 13 and needs some socialization. We have been homeschooling for about a year now. When I look into the homeschool groups around, they seem to meet up weekdays during work hours. I also work full time outside the home, so haven't been able to get involved in any. It would be nice for her to meet some new friends. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Charlotte area

Hi,

My name is Kristy, I'm in the same boat....I have a 14 year old son that I homeschool and I need to get him out of the house! We also just moved to the area about 6 weeks ago so, we're still learning where things are at. I'm also having a tough time finding other homeschooling families/ group activities to do with him. We live near Lake Norman (Denver/Maiden area). If you hear of anything, please let me know! Or, if you would like to try and get together with the kids, I'm open to that as well.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Charlotte area

Hi Kristy! The only thing I have been able to really find was some volunteer work on a site called volunteer match. I figured maybe that would be a good way for her to socialize..other than that, I am still looking around for something.