Fall is really such a wonderful time of the year! Our family enjoys going to as many of the fall festivals,pumpkin patches and parties with our fellow homeschoolers in our community. We are thankful that some of these are on the weekend so my husband can join in our fun as well!

This past weekend we went to Ganyard Hill Farm in Durham, NC, it was a good time with the hay ride,corn maze, cotton picking, feeding the goats and playing in the hay slide. We are also trying out homeschool day at Hectors Creek Farm in Fuquay-Varina, NC on the 26th of October, it is open to all homeschoolers.

Our family loves Halloween/Thanksgiving time of year, the boys actually are old enough to help put up our decorations with me. I usually buy some kits from Oriental Trading company and we have friends come over and make some things too. We are trying out a new tradition this year, since we already do a kids cooking night (from our Five in a Row cookbook) my boys are going to be cooking a dish at Thanksgiving. They get to chop,peel and mix it up and then I help with the cooking (mostly with the 8 year old). We also spend a fun day each holiday where the boys make new decorations which they really enjoy.

Since we follow a year round school schedule it is easy to get these types of activities done during the week or weekend. I love the flexibility you have with homeschooling, don't you? What do you all do for Halloween/Thanksgiving or the fall season? Are there any traditions that you do every year or are trying for the first time?

Share with us any ideas that you have for homschooling in the fall or what you like to do!

Happy fall
Michelle
Mom of 2 boys (13,8)