Fun Holiday ideas
    pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Fun Holiday ideas

Hello everyone!

I thought that I would post some things that we like to do during the holiday season and hopefully you all will do the same. We always try to add something fun and new to this time of year. Especially since now the boys are homeschooled we can make fun whole days out of it.

Fun crafts that we do include

* Pomander balls ( smells wonderful and great neighbor gifts)
    * Ginger bread house or this year we are doing the gingerbread train
    * Lowes and home depot always have fun crafts for kids on Saturdays very hands on but make wonderful grandparent gifts ( we have done birdhouses, wooden cars and wagons, squirrel feeders)
    * Dough ornaments
    * paper chains or popcorn/cranberry garland my boys love doing this!

Hoilday exchanges

* cookie exchange
    * homemade gift exchange

Other fun ideas-

*Sledding (this we did more when we lived else where but we still love it when it snows or we go to the sledding/ski parks by the mountains)
    * Ice skating- our local rink has homeschool days where we get in for a special price
    * Caroling or doing fun crafts with the senior centers
    * helping at the soup kitchens or helping get clothes and bedding for the homeless- there are alot of good community help centers that have things that are safe for the kids to do.
    *Volunteering at the local animal shelter or SPCA (we love going to play with all the animals at our shelter as we are helping out)

There are so many other things to do at this time of year and really all year long that can teach our kids to help and care for our community and world!

Please post the things that you do with the holiday season, you might inspire some else to add it to their traditions

Have a Wonderful Holiday season!
    Michelle
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

moormanclan is offline Junior Member Newbie

We have WAY too many ornaments, so I let the boys pick out different ones each year. Some are traditional ones and some have wonderful stories behind them. I love sharing my life experiences and it really opens the door for many "teachable moments".

Paige M.
    Raleigh

ddzjq is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default So, it's time for me returning to work. Little story about my winter vocation.

After taking a month break, in a month's time I must returning to work. I've had a little travel with my family in the past month, and the truth is, I never thought i could be so happy. We travelled to Asia, spent 1 week in Japan, 2 weeks in China and few days in Korea and Thailand. First thing I'd like to tell you guys is, believe me, original Chinese food is much delicious than those who served in China Town. They are much much more delicious! I ate a wide variety of food in that week, so awesome! As to Japan, well, one of the most special thing in my opinion it's their video games, so many video game stores out there and you could see people play games on their cell phones, psp and Nintendo game box. Besides, I visited 2 cosplay competitions in Tokyo, and I have to say it is really an eye opener for me. BTW, who said Japanese girls are easy to bang? Totally bush*t! Korea, I like it, but I've to say their food is not very good for my family, either too spicy or little, and SO EXPENSIVE!!! We traveled to Thailand last week, well, it's a mysterious country I've to say, so many amazing things I've never heard, and their spas, I don't know there are so many kinds of different spas on the planet, if you go their, don't miss them. OK, this is my vocation, I just want to share it with you guys before I back to work, and hope someone would share his/her vocation with us. Best wishes! replica storerolex replica http://amaryllisellis.multiply.comht...atch-a38838676