Have a couple of questions about homeschooling in NC.
    Eulalia42 Guest

Question Have a couple of questions about homeschooling in NC.

Hello everyone,

My name is Eula Sparks. I am a retired/disabled nurse. I live in the northwestern mountains of NC.

I will be homeschooling my 9 year-old granddaughter in the fall. I am planning on using Time4Learning as my base curriculum. It seems to be exactly the type of education regimen that she needs(she has a lot of trouble staying focused).

I have been trying to plan the school year schedule in order to have 180 days in. My question is: "Do I have to teach 180 days a year? And within a nine month period? I want to allow her 3 months for summer vacation, if I can.

Thank you,

Eula

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eulalia42 View Post
    Hello everyone,

My name is Eula Sparks. I am a retired/disabled nurse. I live in the northwestern mountains of NC.

I will be homeschooling my 9 year-old granddaughter in the fall. I am planning on using Time4Learning as my base curriculum. It seems to be exactly the type of education regimen that she needs(she has a lot of trouble staying focused).

I have been trying to plan the school year schedule in order to have 180 days in. My question is: "Do I have to teach 180 days a year? And within a nine month period? I want to allow her 3 months for summer vacation, if I can.

Thank you,

Eula
    Sorry for the delay..its my understanding that 180 per school year. To be honest we get ours in WAY early so a 3 month break isn't a problem depending on how many vacations and other days off you take
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure