Hello To All!

Thread: Hello To All!

Jessi H is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Hello To All!

I am new to the homeschooling thing in Matthews Nc and I was wondering if T4L is the only curriculum I need to use for homeschooling, Or if I need to purchase a diploma program also? I am going to be homeschooling my children for the first time starting next school year. They are currently in 3rd and 6th grade in public schools, and I am not too sure about the laws for homeschooling. Also if anyone can please tell me what they are doing for science and social studies that would be helpful also, because I am not sure if I will need to supplement them for daughter or not considering she is in 6th grade at the moment and looking over the curriculum these are not available in 7th and 8th grade. Any advice would be appriciated! Thank you!!

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Jessi H~ Well good news NC is one of the easiest states to homeschool in! I personally used almost T4L totally for those first couple years with unit studies on things that were of interest to my boys OR areas that they needed more work in like spelling and writing, still a bane in our sides even now! The end of the year testing isn't pass or fail even though once you get into the high school years (like I am this year) I tend to see what areas I need to work on with him so when he takes the SATs he will have an easier time with it. I also use Supercharged Science with the science on T4L, because both my boys wanted to do more hands on stuff. For social studies we use Story of the World at first but now are doing free stuff from the internet mostly about America.
    Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have and I am sure that others will chime in as well!
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

Jessi H is offline Junior Member Newbie

To Pandahoneybee, Thank you so much for the information It is greatly appriciated! So just to be clear, I can use time4learning as my core curriculum for homeschooling right? I was looking at the supercharged science too, I will check into that a little more also.