Hello From Fayetteville!
    MommyTai is offline Junior Member Newbie

Red face Hello From Fayetteville!

I am so relieved to find this website as it provides the connections and support that I've been really needing since I first started homeschooling just one year ago.

I'm in Cumberland County and I'm currently homeschooling a 6th grader and a Preschooler. (Well, actually my preschooler attends a preschool class that I teach for 3 hours M-TH.)

How has this online schooling worked for your middle school student?

I started out using the Abeka curriculum and incorporating my own hands on lessons for my 6th grader, but I needed something more interactive, thus I'm trying this out.

Also, is anyone involved in or know of any local homeschool groups?
    Smile - because God loves you!

Tai

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

HELLO MamaTai!! Glad to have you here! First of all here is a thread that lists some of the support groups in NC hopefully there is one near you I used T4L for my now high schooler, and we did awesome with it, I supplement with spelling,grammar,writing and any thing else that he was interested in learning more about! (mostly animals and video game design) His end of the year testing always showed that he was right on track with the exception of spelling and writing, so I am pleased to say that T4L was a life saver! Especially with my two boys (they are 5 years apart) I could work one on one with them while the other was learning on here!! I hope that everything works out for you all and let us know if there are any questions you might have, I will do my best to answer them
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

LovingMyBabies is offline Junior Member

I am in Fayetteville as well and I wanted to let you know that Manna Church on Cliffdale Rd does lots of things for Home Schooled children. I don't know if your interested or not but I wanted to let you know about it!

Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

We're just north of Fayetteville! There's a lot going on down there to get involved in. You should check out the school shop The Pilgrim's Journey. They have a lot of information there about programs/classes they offer and other activities in the area.
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003

Char-Mom Guest

Cool Fayetteville, JUST STARTED, DID YOU FIND ANY GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by MommyTai View Post
    I am so relieved to find this website as it provides the connections and support that I've been really needing since I first started homeschooling just one year ago.

I'm in Cumberland County and I'm currently homeschooling a 6th grader and a Preschooler. (Well, actually my preschooler attends a preschool class that I teach for 3 hours M-TH.)

How has this online schooling worked for your middle school student?

I started out using the Abeka curriculum and incorporating my own hands on lessons for my 6th grader, but I needed something more interactive, thus I'm trying this out.

Also, is anyone involved in or know of any local homeschool groups?
    I just started with my 6th grader in home schooling. Did you find any groups. We live between Sanford and Fayetteville! Hope to hear from you!

Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

Hello Char-Mom! We also live between Sanford and Fayetteville. I know there's a Co-op at a church in Spring Lake and one on post if you're military. Let me know if you're interested in either and I'll try to get more specific information for you!!
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003

marie8291 Guest

Default Fayetteville/Ft Bragg with a 4th grader!

I am about to have our 4th kiddo and am homeschooling our oldest, almost 10. I am looking for some support in the area and maybe some kids she can play with since she is stuck with her 2 step brothers so often lol.
    email at [email protected]
    Hope you guys have a great day!!!!