Hello !!!! New to this forum
    tandt812 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Cool Hello !!!! New to this forum

Hello !

My name is Tracy, and we are currently stationed at MCAS Cherry Point. I have a 10 year old son that I have been home educating for going on 3 years now. He is very much into electronics, video games and computers. Prior to this duty station, we used boxed curriculum (K12) and really liked it. But unfortuantely NC does not offer this as a state funded program like CA does. And the cost for this program was more than my daughters college tuition at the local Community College.... So this year I opted to purchase 5th grade text books (ouch $$$) while I find that my son is learning I am finding that he is loosing interest quickly. I think that it is just to dry for him learning straight from a book. I am in hopes that the curriculum on this website will be able to hold his interest better and that we will be able to supplement his learning with the books instead of being dependent on them I would love it if others would be able to give me some feedback on this idea... Thanks

Happy Educating !!!

LovingMyBabies is offline Junior Member

I think T4L will be a great supplement for your son! =) My daughter is here for most of her education besides a few extra things we do off of here and she is LOVING her school work! I am so grateful that I found this site for my daughter. I am sure you will love it here as much as I do and so will your son. My daughter does not get bored with her school work, she is excited to be here every day...
    I think with the books and here your son will be happy with your choice!

Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

Hi Tracy! We're over at Fort Bragg and I have a nearly ten year old son. It's too bad we aren't closer, it sounds like our guys have a lot in common!

We tried several different methods of homeschooling before finding Time4Learning. It has been a huge blessing for us. It's so much easier to get school work done now as the complaining has been reduced (but not eliminated, unfortunately) tremendously. We definitely supplement with books, as well. We've spent the school year so far learning about Ancient Egypt in social studies and we've added books and documentaries to the mix as well. I love how easy it is to tie things in but not too much so I don't get overwhelmed.

So glad you're here!
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003

LovingMyBabies is offline Junior Member

Hey Nichole!
    You and I are practically neighbors! Lol. I am in Fayetteville. I have my daughter in Kindergarten right now. =) We are loving it here too! I am so glad I found T4L!