I am really stuck with the standardized test for 6th grade and need help!!
    Alejandra is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default I am really stuck with the standardized test for 6th grade and need help!!

Hello friends!!...I am really stuck now, my daughter is on 6th grade, and she is already done with her 6th grade material, and I would like for her to do her standardized test for that grade, but the thing is that I have NO idea of where or how to get it or order it or do it, plus I have a few questions that I would be very grateful to you if you can help me =)

1. Can she do two years on one?, because she is done with her 6th and is working on 7th grade, so I don't know if she can do two standardized tests so she can move on.

2. I don't know which is the best provider for this test.

3. I have read that I would need a school teacher to assist and perform the test, which I don't have problem with, but it is totally necessary?

ok...that is all for now...

I hope you all have a great day.

Alejandra.

Unregistered Guest

We've used Seton Testing Services for standardized tests the last two years. You administer or have someone else administer and mail it back for scoring.

karenhs2 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alejandra View Post
    Hello friends!!...I am really stuck now, my daughter is on 6th grade, and she is already done with her 6th grade material, and I would like for her to do her standardized test for that grade, but the thing is that I have NO idea of where or how to get it or order it or do it, plus I have a few questions that I would be very grateful to you if you can help me =)

1. Can she do two years on one?, because she is done with her 6th and is working on 7th grade, so I don't know if she can do two standardized tests so she can move on.

2. I don't know which is the best provider for this test.

3. I have read that I would need a school teacher to assist and perform the test, which I don't have problem with, but it is totally necessary?

ok...that is all for now...

I hope you all have a great day.

Alejandra.

You seem to have a few misunderstandings about homeschool testing which is quite common since it is different from the EOGs in school.

First, you can administer tests yourself. You do not have to have someone else do it. The only time this might be important (to have someone else do them) is if you are planning to put the child back in school.

Second, your child does not have to have a test or pass it to go to the next grade. She can move on as she is ready to do so. What we are required to do is administer a standardized test once every 12 months. It does not have to be at the end of a grade.

Someone suggested Seton and they are a good provider. You can also do a CAT online here: Christianlibertypress.com: Purchase achievement tests, placement tests, online testing and recomenndation services for home school families

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Karen is right again!! Thanks Karen! NO you don't have to have anyone in the state of NC test your child, you can do it yourself!! I chose not to, but a lot of my fellow homeschoolers do Just for reference we do the Woodcock Johnson test. And also you can give your child the test anytime you want to just has to be done in the school year. Its not pass or fail either
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure