Looking for other homeschoolers in the Triad
    IvonneQ Guest

Default Looking for other homeschoolers in the Triad

Hello! My family relocated to Winston-Salem 6 months ago. We joined the homeschooling ranks 2 weeks ago and are just getting started with T4L! Being new to both HS and the area, we would love to connect with other families for playdates/field trips. Our son is 6 years old. If anyone out there has any suggestions on local groups to join etc, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~Ashley~ Guest

[Hi Ivonne! We are located in the triad i am about 30 minutes away from winston salem and have a 5 yr old boy in prek.We just started HS as well,in January.I havnt found any groups yet but still looking,4H is great I heard so we may try that I have a ton of ideas for homeschooling and would love to have another hs family to join us on the trips.My friend was HS her girls but recently had to send them back to public school because she started work.You can email me at [email protected] I would love to talk with you more! (:

QUOTE=IvonneQ;46770]Hello! My family relocated to Winston-Salem 6 months ago. We joined the homeschooling ranks 2 weeks ago and are just getting started with T4L! Being new to both HS and the area, we would love to connect with other families for playdates/field trips. Our son is 6 years old. If anyone out there has any suggestions on local groups to join etc, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE]

FaithLangford is offline Junior Member Newbie

We are just south of Winston Salem and my homeschooled son just turned seven. If you are still looking for playmates, we are in Winston Salem often. I'm looking for groups in the area, especially for my 10yr old daughter.

yankeemom is offline Junior Member

I am about an hour for you, right smack in between the Triad and the Triangle, but there is a great group out of the Triad that organizes field trips called NC Adventure Homeschoolers. They have a facebook page and a yahoo group. You should check it out, they plan some great trips all over the region. There is also Piedmont Homeschoolers, which I've also heard good things about. I believe they operate with a yahoo group.

Unregistered Guest

Try looking up NC Adventurous Home Educators on facebook or on yahoo groups. She sets up several field trips a year for homeschoolers and because of the large groups we get discounted pricing.

We are in Jamestown, but moving to Winston-Salem next month (and we're new to the state, just got here from the midwest in June!). We have a 6.5 year old and a 4 year old (girls). I've gotten a lot of info from PiedmontHomeschoolers Yahoo group (there are emails sent directly to your inbox for all different opportunities). I've heard good thinks about Lunch Bunch Learners but have not done anything with them yet.

Sweetnesstina is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by FaithLangford View Post
    We are just south of Winston Salem and my homeschooled son just turned seven. If you are still looking for playmates, we are in Winston Salem often. I'm looking for groups in the area, especially for my 10yr old daughter.
    My daughter is 6 years old will be 7 in May. I live in the High Point area. We just started the home school program. She was in public school until the end of winter break. She will need some friends.

juliam1210 is offline Junior Member

We are in Winston Salem. I am also looking for groups/activities for my 14 year old son. There doesn't seem to be too many teens homeschooling in our area.