Moving to NC - question about testing.
    abw
    abw is offline Junior Member

Question Moving to NC - question about testing.

Okay, so a ton of posts on here ask about testing, but here's a question I haven't seen:

Who has to administer the test?

Namely, can I, as the administrator of the homeschool, administer the test to my child in our home, or do I have to find an outside source and outside place?

Thanks a million!

-A.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. My own state requires tests to be administered by a neutral person, but here is a link from the North Carolina Division of Non-Public Education that says, "The home school chief administrator is required to administer a nationally standardized test or other nationally standardized equivalent measurement to each enrolled student on an annual basis. The nationally standardized test or other equivalent measurement selected by the chief administrator must measure achievement in the areas of English grammar, reading, spelling and mathematics. The chief administrator is responsible for securing and scheduling the nationally standardized test."

I would interpret "home school administrator" as the teaching parent.

Again, I'm not in North Carolina, so hopefully a NC resident will come along with their thoughts.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

abw
    abw is offline Junior Member

I would interpret "home school administrator" as the teaching parent.
    Again, I'm not in North Carolina, so hopefully a NC resident will come along with their thoughts.
    That's what I interpreted, as well, but I didn't want to jump the gun without asking =) Thanks for the help!

-A.