In need of teacher for end of year testing
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    kimiller Guest

    Default In need of teacher for end of year testing

    I currently home school using time4learning, but as I understand it, you have to have an accredited teacher to give a standardized test. Is this true? If so, where can I find one who doesn't charge an arm and a leg.

  2. #2
    hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Blog Entries


    It's unusual, but Georgia's homeschool law is worded to sound like the parent may administer the test themselves. Many test vendors have their own requirements regarding who they will sell their tests to, though. Here is a page about testing, directly from Georgia's Department of Non-Public Education. Standardized Tests

    Since I am neither a resident of Georgia nor a homeschool attorney, this isn't legal advice. I'm just an experienced homeschool mom, trying to help.

    Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

  3. #3
    katshu2's Avatar
    katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Blog Entries


    Hi there! I'm in GA. I think the laws are worded awkwardly. Lol. I know TONS of GA homeschooling families that take the tests at home (the PASS test is fairly popular). Maybe the laws are for scoring the tests. I know even with the ones that are taken at home, you send the tests back to get scored and the results are mailed back to you.

    I also know that for those families that DO want to have an accredited/certified administrator, they group together and pay someone to do it. Our homeschool group does that every year. Cuts the fee to just a few dollars ($10-15) per family.
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts