new here and want to meet others..
    ncpearsontrio Guest

Default new here and want to meet others..

hello,
    I live in Huntersville and homeschool my 7th grader. She did fine all the way up and until 6th grade. She had an awful teacher and my daughter had such anxiety with going to school. I started homeschooling her in Jan and her anxiety went away.
    I re enrolled her in 7th grade and she has wonderful teachers. BUT the anxiety came back. I pick and chose my battles and this is not a battle worth fighting. So I am homeschooling her again.

I would love to see if there are any others in my area....
    Thanks,
    Lisa Pearson

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Lisa!! Welcome to the T4L forum!! We have a great tool to help you find out if there are any members of T4L that live near by you The locator map is great to check out I totally understand about picking your battles, seems like I had a lot of those when my boys were in school!
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

karenhs2 is offline Member

My third child has anxiety issues and I am SO glad to be homeschooling her!

I am also in Charlotte though on the opposite side from you (Union county). I can help with places to connect. Here is one really good one:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CCHNet-Teen/
    This is a networking list and is broadly Christian based though I have some secular friends on there. It is a subgroup of my other general information list and the main objective is to help parents homeschooling teens connect with each other for help, support and finding friends.

This group offers a lot to the community and has some activities near you:
    Home | ENRICH Homeschooling Support Group

The Park and Rec in Huntersville offers a lot to homeschoolers, here is the contact:
    Sierra Davenport , CPRP
    Recreation Coordinator
    Town of Huntersville
    [email protected]
    Mobile : 704-400-4506
    Office: 704-766-2253

Here is another good place to network:
    Charlotte Homeschooling - Connect with area Charlotte NC homeschoolers
    It is not my site but I help moderate and approve new members.

I can give you other places but I try not to overload people. Charlotte has a huge diverse homeschooling community and it sometimes takes a little work and persistence to find the right place but it is worth it. If you need to, you are welcome to PM me for my email (can't remember if we are allowed to post it or not). I have a pdf file of all the groups and lists that I know of in the area that i would be happy to send you.

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks Karen
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure