New Homeschool Brunwick County anyone else?
    poppycock Guest

Default New Homeschool Brunwick County anyone else?

Hi all,

I am a new homeschool mom and also new to T4L is there any advice anyone can offer? My little guy will be starting the 5th grade with T4L, I am kind of overwhelmed at the moment trying to figure out the lesson plan and how many subjects/lessons I should have him do in a day, and if the 9 month schedule is enough before taking a placement test at the end to verify he passed his grade. Help? Thank you and good luck to us all.

angeleyes1307 is offline Member

Greetings,
    You can go to the activity scheduler and it will break it down by week, which lessons to do each week to meet a time schedule you set.
    As far as 9 months being "enough" that depends on a lot of things, not the least of which is how well he handles and "gets" the material. One of the great things about homeschooling is that the pressure to fit into any given box is pretty much gone.
    I am not sure what placement test you are refering to. If you are talking about the annual testing that is required by the state, the state doesn't care about the results. So they only matter as much as they matter to you personally. I know of a lot of homeschoolers who don't even bother to open the results when they get them, they just put them in the file. So if he doesn't get something, there is no reason too stress about meeting some arbitrary "pass" standard for a grade in any set time frame.
    Good luck to you!